What We Do
Our mission is to serve as the connection between our community and school district, evaluating needs and investing resources to improve the quality of public education in our community.
Our schools will have the resources for an exceptional public education for all students.
The Los Alamos Public Schools Foundation operates with:
- Fund innovative opportunities and materials for our schools.
- Create a school environment in which students are inspired to learn and grow.
- Provide quality professional development opportunities for district educators.
- Maintain a scholarship program to recognize outstanding LAHS graduating seniors.
- Raise money to provide financial support not available to Los Alamos Public Schools from other sources.
- Develop a high performing Board of Directors, Executive Director and organization.
Excellent public education is every child’s right.
Excellent public education systems depend on:
- a well-informed and supportive community
- caring and competent educators
- supportive and responsive school environment
- sufficient financing to achieve educational goals
The Los Alamos Public Schools Foundation can accelerate improvements in public education through the judicious use of private resources.