NEW for the 2019-20 school year: Student and staff wellness grants!
In support of the Los Alamos Public School District’s focus on student and staff wellness, the LAPS Foundation introduces new wellness grants. Any Los Alamos Public Schools employee may apply. Wellness grants should fit into one of the following categories: physical fitness, mindfulness/stress management, morale, or other (please specify).
When crafting a proposal, consider ideas that support creating a positive school culture, bringing staff and/or students together, breaking down barriers, and building resiliency and/or connectedness. If the idea benefits staff, are there ways in which the activity could be shared with students?
Whether your idea is to support staff or students or both, these grants are intended to bring a significant number of people together to engage in an activity that will promote wellness for the whole group.
Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a new way of engaging students to promote wellness
- Hiring a facilitator for a team-building activity
- Hosting an offsite all-staff picnic or other social activity focused on camaraderie and cohesiveness
- Introducing new hobbies or sports, either by bringing someone in or funding the materials for staff members to share their interests with others
- Organizing a series of morale building activities for students, staff or both
- Supporting a student event geared toward mental health, wellness, mindfulness etc.
$300 will be available to each school for the fall 2019 semester, and $400 will be available to each school for the spring 2020 semester.
Please submit the application form below. If you have questions or wish to discuss your idea with us, please contact us.