We were recently referred to as the Fairy Godmother to the Los Alamos Public Schools, and the title stuck! Thanks to so many generous supporters, the LAPS Foundation is able to make dreams come true in our schools. We couldn’t do it without you.
How did we make an impact in the 2017-18 school year specifically? Well, we were able to invest nearly $100,000 into Los Alamos Public Schools into innovative programs, training for teachers, staff morale activities, scholarships and more. For the most recent school year this included:
- Allowing 87 teachers to participate in professional book groups
- Sending 17 teachers to attend national conferences and seminars
- Enabling Great Ideas Grants submitted by teachers impacting roughly 7,325 students
- Supporting morale boosting initiatives reaching countless LAPS staff and students
- Presenting 21 scholarships to graduating LAHS seniors
Let’s make 2018-19 another great school year!
|Pinon teachers participate in a book group||Aspen’s new school-wide resource||A LAHS student uses new math software|